Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mom in the Snow Country

Hi there everybody, I just got back from spending 3 really nice days back in the snow country. I thought I would want to stay once I got up there but quite the contrary. I really had a nice time but it was really good coming home. I really missed Perfect and sadie grey and my couch. lol
I went up there to celebrate my 11 years of sobriety. I got sober there so I wanted to go back. They gave me a card that everyone had signed and also a birthday cake. My friend that I went up there with gave me a really special 11 year chip on a chain so I can where it as a necklace. We went to a lot of meetings which was really good. It had been a while since I had attended that many meetings in that short amount of time. It was really nice to go to the meetings. To another person who is a member of A.A. they would really understand. I don't know what happened to my font, tried to correct it but it didn't help. I tried some more buttons and that helped a little.lol My friend took me and a couple to dinner at the Outback...my favorite place. I had my ususal...Alaskan king crab legs. Normally I can eat all of it but this time I couldn't...so sad. I also developed a cough while I was up there. Smoked like 5 cigarettes one day. Nasty habit!! Anyway it is really good to be home and I just hear I may get to see my grandson this Sunday. Awesome. It's been awile since I have seen him. I am sure he won't know me but that's o.k. I never thought that I would be glad to be mom in the city but I am. I guess I am finally adjusting to my new surroundings. You Think!! Well that willl be all from me for now...but I will return<3

3 comments:

Lex Fori said...

YaY - it's always nice when things start to settle down. Congratulations on the 11 years, your chip from your "Friend" is really pretty. (We totally need a better blog-o-name for him). There is quite some blogging going on right now about Evolution, Religion and AA. You're having quite the impact on folks in the blogosphere!

I didn't know you were sick, you didn't look sick today =( I've still got a cough too. My mom brought something from California - you may well have picked it up...

Ok, we'll see you tomorrow when you return Daughter and Step-Son comes!!! It'll be so amazing.

So, just outta curiosity, how often do you comment on MY blog? ;)

Lex Fori said...

Oh, and I like your layout. Vedy cute.

Anonymous said...

WTF. What about my layout. Its cute. Grrr. JK.
I got a name for "friend"
We should call him Goodbye!!